In this class you will learn how to fussy cut doors for your house blocks. This will be a fun opportunity to use the novelty print fabrics you have been collecting. You will also learn how to use the Block Loc ruler and how to do foundation paper piecing (FPP). Plus you will get a companion tree pattern, which can be used with your house blocks. And we will discuss scrap management and organization.
Must have basic rotary cutting skills.
(Printer Friendly Version)
- Cutting template for roof
- FPP roof pattern
- Companion FPP tree pattern
- Placement template for auditioning fussy cut doors
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Neutral thread color
- Village Pattern by Miss Rosie’s Quilt Co.
- 5” charm squares and/or fat quarters (Be sure to bring enough fabric to swap with your class mates for the fussy cut doors!)
- Small rotary cutting mat
- Seam ripper
- Paper scissors
- Glue stick
- Paper and pen for taking notes
Optional but recommended:
- 28mm rotary cutter
- Add-A-Quarter ruler
- Bloc-Loc Flying Geese 2.5” x 5” ruler
- Foundation Paper
- Color Wheel
- Tweezers for removing paper pieces
Class & Club Cancellation: Please call the store to cancel.SATX - 210.698.6076 There are NO REFUNDS for class cancellations.
You may receive a store credit when you cancel 72 hours before the scheduled class if we can fill your spot.
Store Credit cannot be given on No Shows.