*****The second part of this class will show you how to construct and bind your bags*******
This cool and beautiful tote is like an art quilt. It's a great way to use bundles, batiks, ombre, and scraps. The tote goes together quickly after the strips are quilted with the fabric template provided in the pattern. You'll walk away with a beautiful large tote (15.5"w x 13.5"H x 6.5" d). An additional evening has been added to the class in case you are unable to finish on day 1. Design colors and options will be discussed at class if help is needed. Having strip selected and cut prior to class is encouraged if you'd like to finish in one class.
Hint: I found selecting the fabrics took me the longest since I utilized dark to like colors in grays. (see store sample).
Hint: Matching binding and side panel fabric made sewing the binding easier.
- Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern
- 1 yard total fabric for outside
- 1/2 yard lining fabric for inside
- 3/4 yard fabric for side panels, straps & binding
- 2 yards 1" Cotton webbing or 1/4 cotton rope for strap
- 1 1/3 yards Single-sided Fusible Flex-Foam by Pellon, Bosal or similar (do not bring too stiff of stabilizer since you will be sewing through many layers) I used Pellon 809 Decor-Bond.
- small clips
- 1/2" grommets (4)
- rotary cutter
- cutting mat
- walking foot optional
- 60 Degree Ruler by Jinny Beyer
- Foam Board at least 16" x 36"
- 6 1/2" x 14" bottom for bag support (can be heavy cardboard, plastic lid, cross stitch plastic, peltex interfacing)