Quilt Preparation BEFORE Arriving for your Longarm Quilting Session
1. Accurately measure the overall size of your quilt top. Write this number down. Ensure that top and bottom centers and left and right centers are marked within the 1/4" seam allowance, using a non-bleeding fabric marking pen or chalk.
Do not use pins.
2. Snip any stray threads; this is your last chance.
3. Press your quilt top and square it at this time.
1. Ensure the backing fabric is 6" larger on ALL sides than the quilt top.
2. Square up backing fabric on all sides. We recommend you initially tear backing fabric to ensure it is on the straight of grain.
3. Fold left and right edges of backing fabric in half with wrong sides together and mark the center of both top and bottom edges within the 1/4" seam allowance, using a non-bleed fabric marking pen or chalk. Do not use pins.
1. Only batting on the SSQ approved list will be loaded on our longarm quilting machines.
2. Batting should be cut 6" larger on ALL sides than the quilt top.